By Lisa Gunther | Submitted On March 20, 2007
If you own a keychain size mini light swiss army knife by Victorinox, at some point your battery for the mini light feature will eventually run out. By “mini light”, I mean a pocketknife that is 58 mm (about 2 1/4 inches) long when closed. It is simple to change and will allow you to enjoy your lighted swiss army knife and all its functions for years to come.
Battery changing steps:
- Hold the mini light knife in your left hand with the red/white cross and shield logo facing up.
- On the right side of the top scale you should see a small hole – it is on the side so you’ll have to slightly rotate the knife in your hand to see it. It is towards the lower end of the scale on the right.
- Take a paperclip and bend it so you can use it to poke into this hole.
- Carefully poke into this hole and push out the old battery.
- The old battery and a little plastic piece the same color as the knife scale will drop into your hand. Be careful not to lose that little plastic piece!
- Insert a new battery with the positive side facing up.
- Put the little plastic piece back into the side of the knife to hide/cover the battery you just put in.
The Victorinox Swiss Army Brands part number for the battery you need is 22068. The battery is a Panasonic CR 1025, 3V. Your new battery should be good for approximately 2 to 2 1/2 years under normal operation of your swiss lite knife. Your handy little swisslite should be as good as new.
Lisa Gunther is a freelance writer and product reviewer. Swiss Knives Express is the perfect place to select a Swiss Army knife for yourself or loved one: http://www.swissknivesexpress.com
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Lisa_Gunther/81285